Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Real Techniques Makeup Brushes

So I absolutely have to do a review on my new Real Techniques Makeup Brushes that I just recently got with my birthday money. Oh. My. Goodness. People, I am in love with these brushes! How can you be in love with makeup brushes you ask? Well you better believe it's possible. They are amazing quality, super soft, they blend products so incredibly well, and they make putting on makeup even more fun. Which of course I also didn't know was possible. ;)

Let me introduce you to these amazing brushes - they are made by Samantha Chapman, a makeup artist in the UK - her and her sister Nic, have been makeup artists there for many many years, and they just came out with these brushes this past year. I am a huge fan of theirs, especially their makeup tutorials on youtube, they are by far my favorite makeup gurus. I would highly recommend them! Their youtube channel is Pixiwoo; their brushes website is www.realtechniques.com.

I have copied and pasted some info from their website to tell you more about these amazing brushes:

- Taklon bristles are ultra plush and smoother than the hair you'll find in other brushes. Since taklon is synthetic, it's 100% cruelty-free. The soft fibers help create a flawless, high-definition finish in any type of light – from sunlight to harsh indoor lighting.

- The color-coded system corresponds to the key steps of makeup application so you can create a flawless base, enhanced eyes, and the perfect finish like a pro.

- Each brush head is hand-cut to the perfect shape, allowing for precise application from dense coverage to a soft, delicate finish.

- The collection is suitable for a wide range of products and every makeup need – from powders, creams, and liquids to mineral makeup, highlighter, and shimmer.

- Brush names on the handles make for easy reference when creating your favorite look.

I got the Core Collection which includes a detailer brush, a buffing brush, a pointed foundation brush and a contour brush. The buffing brush is perfect for liquid foundation, it helps the product go on quickly, doesn't soak into the brush, and creates a flawless finish. I also love the foundation brush for smaller areas, and applying concealer. The contour brush is amazing for contouring the face with bronzer.



I also got the Starter Set which includes a base shadow brush, deluxe crease brush, accent brush, eyeliner brush and brow brush. These are amazing for applying eyeshadows, the colors go on splendidly and the brushes blend wonderfully!



I also got the blush brush and the stippling brush - the blush brush is so incredibly soft and perfect for blending out powders, blushes and bronzers. And the stippling brush is just another way to apply foundation, it gives you that wonderful airbrushed look.





I still have yet to get the big powder brush and the lash/brow groomer, but those should get here any day!

So I highly recommend these brushes if you are looking for really good quality, and if you are looking for brushes that won't completely break your bank account. I also recommend getting a good brush cleaner and brush guards - keeping your brushes clean will make them last a lot longer, and the brush guards help dry the brushes after you clean them, so they don't splay out and lose bristles.

Let me know if you decide to get these makeup brushes and what your thoughts are on them! Also tell me what your favorite makeup brushes are and why you like them...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment