Monday, November 8, 2010

I'm dreaming of Christmas....yes already.

Yes I'm dreaming of Christmas already, the weather finally got cooler here so it feels more like fall, and I just happened to watch a funny Christmas movie with my aunt and cousin yesterday, and then we ended up listening to Christmas music. So needless to say, that got me in the mood of wishing Christmas was here. Although I love Thanksgiving and can't wait to help my aunt cook all sorts of yummy things, I can't help but think about how I want to decorate our little apartment when we get back to Minnesota the second week of December.

It's going to be so hard for me though because I usually love to start decorating for Christmas right after Thanksgiving, so once we get back around the 8th or 9th of December, I'm going to have to kick myself into high gear and get everything up. So that's why I'm trying to start planning what I'm going to do now, so when I get back, I know what I'm going to do, hopefully.

Christmas is definitely my favorite holiday and time of year, I love making my home cozy and warm and beautiful for the holidays, and I want to do even more this year. (Shhh, don't tell my husband.) A few things I'm thinking of for my Christmas decorations this year include:

- Ornaments/snowflakes hung with ribbons from light and fan fixtures

- A beautiful wreath hanging on the wall in place of a picture or painting

- Holiday candle holders with candles sitting on coffee beans

- Dressing doorknobs with little red velvet bows and sprigs of greenery

- Fake poinsettas in baskets or pots in corners or by couches

And of course everything else I usually do, garland and lights on the mantle and on top of the blinds in the living room, candles everywhere, holiday table cloth on our dining room table, our beautifully decorated Christmas tree, and anything else I can think of.

Tell me what your favorite Christmas decorations are, I'd love to hear your ideas and suggestions! Or any websites that you get your inspiration from!

I'll leave you with a few beautiful Christmas decor pictures that I found online, that I absolutely love.







3 comments:

  1. I love the pictures you found! So warm and cozy, I can almost smell the candles. =) I absolutely adore Christmas too, it's my favorite time to decorate! You should post some pictures of your place once you get it all spruced up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love decorating for Christmas! My favorite is the garland we put along our banister. You could do some lit garland in your window between the kitchen and hallway. :) Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Christmas, and I am SO excited about decorating this year. I love the coffee bean idea. I'm thinking of changing things up just a bit, for the fun of it.

    ReplyDelete