Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Pink is a fantastic color

Yep that's right, most of you know, but I had to blog about it - we found out on Monday that we are having a precious little girl! We were thrilled to hear the news, I have so been wanting a girl since my mom kept having those brothers, and I kept wanting a sister, it's just spilled over into my marriage, and the Lord is SO good. We absolutely cannot wait to meet our little daughter. We are naming her Cassandra Faith, Cassie for short - Cassandra means "Prophet" and Faith obviously means "Faithful", so I think its kind of neat that we'll be having a faithful prophet. :)

To see her so much bigger on the ultrasound this time around was absolutely amazing, she is getting so big and beautiful, and she even gave us a little smile that we were able to capture in a picture. She was bouncing all around and moving and just showing us that she is growing and healthy!

I have been day dreaming ever since we found out she is a girl, and I am just having the sweetest day dreams about what it will be like to be a mommy to our beautiful little girl - it's amazing how much I love Cassie already, its like she's been a part of us forever and I can't imagine life without her now. Her daddy is beyond excited about having a daughter, and I can already see what a wonderful father he's going to be. I truly believe she's going to be a daddy's girl and will have him wrapped around her little finger. ;) Although she might be wrapped around mommy's little finger too, lol.

We are so blessed, the Lord is SO good.....and we will be traveling to Arkansas to visit family a week from today, and then moving into our awesome new town home the first of June! The Lord is blessing so much, and we are so grateful.

7 comments:

  1. So happy for you guys. Girls are a lot of fun. :-) What are you thinking of for nursery decor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna and Jesse, I am so very excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting Anna! So happy to hear things are going well for you. I love the name you picked too, it sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy and excited for you!! Your post made me all teary eyes. ;-) YOU are the FIRST person who has given me baby fever. Seriously, you excitement and love for your baby is contagious. Can't wait to SEE you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for the congrats!!

    Stephanie - kinda doing a zoo animal/brown and green theme for the nursery, and of course some pink now that we know it's a girl. :)

    Heather - awww, I'm so glad I gave you baby fever, it seriously is an amazing thing to be carrying your own precious little one, I can't even begin to describe. Can't wait to see you either, we must get together when I'm town next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, congratulations on your baby GIRL! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How long will you be here for?? That would be awesome to get together!!!

    ReplyDelete