Friday, July 16, 2010

Separation

So I know it's been a while since I've blogged, I apologize, but I think I have enough thoughts to put together to compose a post today. I have been away from Jesse now for 11 days, and it's actually been a lot tougher then I even imagined it would be. I've done my best to keep myself occupied and busy, which has helped, but I still have moments and down time where it just completely sucks to be without a husband right now.

Jesse is doing well, he is going to be stationed in Mississippi, around the Biloxi/Gulfport area, and he will be a part of the inland waterways oil recovery task force, whatever that means, lol. He's been in training and preparation the past week or so, but he will hopefully start his job on Saturday. I am excited that he's so close to my grandparents and aunt and uncle in Mississippi, so I'm hoping to fly down around the first week of August to spend some time with him which would be SO amazing and would really help to break up the trip.

I've been staying pretty busy, seeing a lot of friends and spending time with them and family which has been nice. I have also found though that this separation has made me pretty emotional, and therefore I have been shopping more than I need too, and really need to cut back on the spending. I guess I'm an emotional shopper, just like I am an emotional eater, both of which are not very good things.

Anyways, that's about it for me right now, God is good, giving me lots of grace, doesn't make it so much easier per say, but it is making my attitude a little better which is a good thing. Thanks for continued prayers and support, keep them coming!

1 comment:

  1. We miss you and look forward to seeing both of you SOON!

    ReplyDelete