Thursday, September 30, 2010

Today I'm Thankful For.....

Sometimes I just need to sit down and remind myself of what I'm thankful for and what the Lord has blessed me with. He has blessed me with so much, and if I'm constantly dwelling on what I don't have or what I think I want and need, I will never be happy. I'm always the happiest and most joyful when I realize how much the Lord has given Jesse and I, He has blessed us so abundantly. So as you read through my list, think of everything that you're thankful for and dwell on what the Lord has blessed YOU with.

- A wonderful vacation of sorts here in Mississippi that's pretty much completely paid for

- Time to spend with my grandparents, aunt, uncle and cousin while we're down here that I haven't gotten to spend in so long

- Beautiful summer weather which has given me lots of time to spend by the hotel pool

- My husband having very good hours, and us getting to spend so much time together

- Meeting a wonderful church family and getting involved with the music ministry

- The possibility of having my makeup artist career start taking off

- Meeting new friends that are so wonderful

- Us having plenty of money to provide for our needs and even some of our wants

- Getting to plan our 4th wedding anniversary next month to New Orleans, it's going to be a blast

- Being married for almost 4 years and having learned SO much through the process

- The excitement and hopefulness of starting Clomid soon, a fertility medicine that will hopefully help us get pregnant

- Having self control and eating right and in turn, it's helping me feel better and lose weight

- Spending more time in the God's Word and growing closer to Him and my husband

I'm sure there are millions more, but those are off the top of my head right now. Just typing and reading this list and realizing how much the Lord has blessed us, makes my heart swell with happiness and joy. The Lord is awesome, He is amazing, and His timing is perfect. I thank Him so much for the gift of life and for the gift of His precious Son who died for each and every one of us, we don't deserve it but He loves us so much. I'm awestruck everytime I think of that reality, He loves me, loves me enough to prepare the way for me and allow me to go to Heaven. Thank you Jesus for all of your blessings and for letting me be your child!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a pretty awesome list! Glad things are going well for y'all! If you get up in this area, we'd love to see you and meet your hubby!

    Cyndi Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great reminder! I too need to look around and be thankful, because God is so good! I'm glad to hear you are doing well! You are in my prayers. =)

    ReplyDelete