Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Life here in Mississippi

We're trying to have some normalcy of a life here in Mississippi, or at least as much as we can. We found an awesome church, the First Baptist Church of Gulfport, I met with the Pastor and the Director of Family Ministries and they were so awesome and so welcoming to me. I've already joined the choir, and we're hoping to join a young couples life group Bible study on Sunday nights here soon.

We just moved from our first condo to a Residence Inn hotel suite, it's definitely smaller and cozier, but a lot more private and we really like that. We'll be here for three months, so we'd better get settled in! :)

I'm slowly but surely building my make-up portfolio, my new photographer friend is going to start taking pictures of me in different make-up that I do on myself, so I can put different looks in a book to show future clients. And I'm hoping to get a few people that I can also do make-up on for my book as well to show off different looks.

I'm still trying to lose weight by eating hardly any carbs and sugars, doesn't look like I'm ovulating, but I can't go back to my doctor until we head back to Minnesota at the end of the year, so I can't be put on Clomid until then. So for right now I'll try to focus on losing weight and getting more healthy. It's so much harder than it sounds, that's for sure.

It's so nice to be able to spend so much time with my Uncle, Aunt and cousin, and my grandparents that are down here. I'm so blessed to be able to have all this time with them, it's wonderful. I'm going to make the most of it.

Have a great day everyone! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you have a more private place now!! :) That's wonderful you have found a home church.

    I kept up with the no carbs as well, and used the South Beach Diet meal plans for ideas...I've lost several pounds each week! I feel like my old self. It's been worth it! Especially since most of my health problems have gone away since eating healthier.

    ReplyDelete