Friday, February 18, 2011

First Trimester

Lets just say I have been neglecting the blog because this first trimester has been kicking my butt! Wow, I have never been so sick and exhausted....this little baby is growing and developing just fine in my opinion. ;) It's difficult too because I have so much going on, and I am SO excited about being a mom, but when day in and day out you just feel absolutely miserable, its just difficult. My husband has had to put up with so much and he is so sweet to do so. I have a month left in this first trimester, and I've heard that the second trimester is like the honeymoon of the pregnancy, so I am VERY much looking forward to it.

We had our first DR appt the other day and it was absolutely amazing to see the teeny heartbeat on the monitor, it's such a miracle! When the DR printed out our ultrasound picture and my name was on it, it was like I was looking down at myself saying, "Is this really happening to me?" And yes it totally is, God is so good.

Oh how I am longing for spring, mostly because in this tiny apartment the stifling smells and things have really been making my nausea worse, which is not good. We have the window open right now, even though it's a little chilly, the sun is out and the fresh air smells so good, spring please come quickly!!

I have a hankering to make homemade bread due to one of my friends having just made a yummy loaf of bread and shared it with the blogging world....so I may just have to make some, it sounds really good right now.

I will try to blog more often, but know that if I'm not, I'm just trying to get through this first trimester and send me an email or give me a call letting me know you're praying for me! :) Love you all!!

5 comments:

  1. =) I am so happy for you and Jesse. So glad that God answered your prayers for becoming a parent, and that the pregnancy is going well so far, despite the sickness!

    Hope the bread turns out wonderfully for you! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all thinking of you often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the sickness subsides soon!!!! I can't imagine what it was like to see the little heartbeat....breathtaking, I'm sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first trimester can be really rough. Hang in there - the second trimester is lovely! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am sooooooooooooooo excited for you! I know this journey has been long!! Would love an update how you are going now.

    lots of love and hugs from NZ

    Esther

    ReplyDelete