Friday, March 12, 2010

The Body - a Very Puzzling Thing Indeed

Right now my body is doing weird things and I have no idea why - I've had a tiny bit of spotting that happened a couple of days ago, so I thought for sure I would start my period, even though I'd had none of the PMS symptoms or signs at all leading up to that point.

Well, it turned into nothing, and here I am, still no period, and wondering what my body is doing. I've thought perhaps it could have been ovulation spotting, but to my knowledge I've never had that before, but it could be if my body is starting to get back on track. But I've only been on this diet and work out program for probably 3 weeks now, I don't know if that's long enough for my body to make these kinds of changes - but what do I know?

It is tough because I had resigned myself that my period was starting, and then it didn't, so then of course my mind starts wandering and I start thinking other things, but I just can't go there - I've "gone" there SO many times in the past and it has just led to heartache. I just can't be disappointed again. I just can't.

So who knows what my body is doing, could be that it's just having hormonal shifts since I started working out, and maybe my body is trying to get back into what a normal body's rhythm should be, who knows. And I have to also keep telling myself that it will be two years in May that we got off birth control, and could be it's been that long for my body to get back to normal itself, and that's why it's doing different things, because perhaps finally, it's gotten back to where it needs to be.

These are the questions that are puzzling my mind this morning.....all I can do is look to the Lord and pray and wait.

3 comments:

  1. argh - I'm sorry. :P Believe me, if there was a wish I could make that would be granted this morning it would be a normal cycle for you with conception this afternoon. Just know I'm praying for peace and rest for your weary, confused soul. Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could give you a big hug. (Not that it would make you feel better, but I wish I could at least be there for you!) It makes me sad to see you down and confused.

    Blessings to you today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( I'm sorry! That's about all I can say...I'm sorry

    ReplyDelete