Sunday, March 7, 2010

Progress

First, an update on my weight loss/muscle gain progress......I've officially lost a pound since going on this diet/lifestyle change, I'm extremely excited about seeing results, and not only have I lost a pound, I have lost several inches around my middle (where I gain the most weight) and I'm gaining muscles in my arms from lifting weights! If that's not progress, I don't know what is. :) It's such a huge encouragement to see results after changing my diet and working out consistently for only a couple of weeks!

Secondly, I have been experimenting with cooking healthier and putting more whole wheat and less sugar in things that I bake. I'm actually quite proud of myself and quite happy with the results in my cooking and baking changes that I've been making - so far, baking wise, I've made brownies with all whole wheat flour and a little less sugar than the recipe called for, and last night I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with half whole wheat flour, and I substituted some honey for the sugar it called for - both baking experiences were wonderful and the desserts tasted yummy! I've been also cooking with more veggies and leaner meats, and as far as snacks go, we've been snacking on rice cakes, veggie chips and fruit and veggies - it hasn't been that hard to switch to these healthier options either, for that I'm eternally grateful.

Thirdly, I've been doing REALLY good with my working out - it's awesome to be able to go to the mirror and see little biceps in my arms for the first time EVER! Seriously, this is amazing! It seriously is fascinating me, to the point of weirdness I think, lol. I've been able to work out for longer periods of time as well, and not get as tired, I love being able to do more sets of my exercises then when I first started, I know I'm getting stronger.

My goal is to hopefully be as close to 139 as possible before we leave for Maine in 3 weeks - right now I'm 6 pounds away from that, so it will be tough, but I'm sure I will be close, it's a motivation for me to work really hard. I love setting goals and seeing if I can meet them. I haven't weighed what I weigh right now in a long time - I was 115 when I got married, then gained probably 5-10 pounds within the first year or two of marriage, a pretty healthy weight gain. Then getting off the pill in May of 2008 was when I gained the majority of my weight and got up to a whopping 155 by last summer/fall. :shudder: Never want to be there again, that's for sure. So knowing that I'm 6 pounds away from being in the 130's again is an amazing feeling.

This post makes me happy....I love progress in the right direction. Tell me what progress you've been making in your life lately!

7 comments:

  1. I'm so delighted you are making progress and am so proud of you for trying so hard. Having a goal is the absolute way to go!

    Go girl!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! That is so encouraging! So happy you are seeing results, that definitely helps make it easier to stick to! If you ever need some recipes let me know...we eat a lot of vegetables:)

    You inspire me:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you! I know your encouraged to see progress, it just makes it all worth it!

    As Conner started eating real food, I really tried to make our diet healthier. I wanted him to eat well and knew he wouldn't if he saw Mom and Dad eating junk. I have SUCH a sweet tooth=) I'm great with fruits, but have to make more of an effort in the veggie department. It's paid off and the boys both eat a wide variety and it helped me to loose weight after having two pregnancies back to back.

    Now exercising is another story I'm working on it and I think when I start getting more sleep, it will be easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's awesome, Anna! :) WAY TO GO!!! Isn't it inspiring to see results? That motivates me like NOTHING else. I'm seeing progress too - I'm a little frustrated with the scale, because it's not going down as far as I want it to, but the muscle gain and leanness/size of clothes I'm in and the inches I've lost AND the photos are making me happy. Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom - thanks for the encouragement!

    Andrea - I'm glad I could inspire you....keep me posted on your PCOS status please!

    Molly - I have a sweet tooth too, but definitely more of a salty junk food tooth, so it's been difficult getting those things out of the house, but so worth it.

    Johanna - congrats on seeing progress with P90X! I'm sure it's awesome to see results!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is great that you are seeing results. And I bet you feel better making food choices. I am walking/running 5-6 X a week...once with the running clinic. And I have been doing Curves. I saw the scales go down, but now it is slow. I am trying to not get discouraged and keep perservering!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! That is awesome! I finally started seeing results after working over a month, when I could put on a old pair of jeans. It just makes me feel so much better!

    Curious though, do you use whole wheat flour or white wheat flour? I've been trying to get myself to start using it, but I've had such bad baking experiences in the past.

    ReplyDelete