Friday, April 9, 2010

Vacation Ramblings

Ahhh, we had a marvelous vacation, and I figured since I had a few moments here, I would blog about our trip. Besides, I just finished cleaning and picking up the apartment, so I deserve some internet time. ;)

Our flights to Maine were very uneventful, even though I did have to get up at the ungodly hour of 3:45 in the morning because our first plane left very early. And on top of that, I got NO sleep the night before, due to the mounting excitement of seeing Jules the next day. But running on adrenaline and then coffee later on, I wasn't tired one bit! And at noon, I was in the arms of my second love and best friend, oh what a glorious moment that was!! She was so cute and beautiful and sexy, and so excited to see me. Madison was there too, looking so cute and shy, it took her a while to remember us and warm up to us again, but once she did, there was no turning back.

That first day we spent chilling and catching up, it was so nice to be back in Chad and Julie's house. And so surreal that we were back in Maine a year after we had moved, crazy! I have listed as many memories as I can remember, I'm sure there were many more, but these stand out to me the most.......

We went out to eat a LOT and had a lot of yummy food, we watched movies and funny TV shows, drank a lot of coffee, laughed until our sides hurt, took pictures, watched the guys race go karts at a local speedway, watched a stupid movie at the theater after having a yummy prime rib dinner at Chad and Julie's favorite restaurant, Julie and I did a lot of makeup and had more coffee, we went to Target and Walmart a couple of times for random things, we went to a Red Claws basketball game that was a lot of fun, several trips to the mall and had more coffee, the guys got a LOT of xbox playing in, we got to see wonderful friends at church on Sunday and then went out for a marvelous Easter lunch, Julie and I had a couple of REALLY late nights just having amazing girl time going shopping, going to the beach and to the Bath waterfront, eating, and just having an awesome time catching up, and I could go on and on.

This trip really brought Jules and I even closer together, seriously, I didn't know two friends could get as close as we are, it hurts so bad that we have to live so far away, but it does make for amazing and unforgettable vacations and trips when we visit each other, so in a way, that's really cool. The goodbye sucked even more than the last one, especially knowing that it might be longer than 6 months before we see each other again. I'm hoping that perhaps I can go by myself to visit Jules in June while Jesse does his 2 weeks for the CG, so I'm crossing my fingers and praying that will work out, because that would be amazing.

All in all, it was a wonderful trip, I love the Jones family, Chadwick, Julie, Dylan, Aleeya and little Madison, they are best of friends and I can't imagine my life without them. They are such a blessing!!!

2 comments: