Thursday, August 26, 2010

True Peace

Sometimes I wonder if true peace is attainable, but I know through Christ it can be. Lately I've just been really thrown into the realities of life and issues and problems, not only my own, but others as well. Sometimes I find myself wondering if there are any good human beings out there at all, and well the answer to that is, no. We're all sinful and evil. But Christ is good - thank the Lord! And I have definitely found moments of true peace when I let myself completely listen to the Lord and let Him have His way without me getting in His way. And let me tell you, those moments of true peace I find are incomparable to anything else in this world.

Oswald Chamber's devotional book "My Utmost For His Highest" talks about peace today and it was very encouraging. I want to quote a few things from that particular devotional today if I may.

"Reflecting His peace is proof that you are right with God, because you are exhibiting the freedom to turn your mind to Him. If you are not right with God, you can never turn your mind anywhere but on yourself. Allowing anything to hide the face of Jesus Christ from you either causes you to become troubled or gives you a false sense of security."

This is so true, and I found it to be so true in my life. When I am not right with the Lord, or my relationship with him is dry and barren, my life is just not as it should be at all! But I have experienced full and utter peace and closeness with my Heavenly Father, just by renewing and restoring that relationship with Him. Makes me wonder why I ever stray??

One more quote I loved is this, "When a person confers with Jesus Christ, the confusion stops, because there is no confusion in Him." No confusion in Jesus Christ, no confusion! How wonderful!

Confer with Jesus Christ today so there will be no confusion in your life, believe me, it will be SO worth it!

2 comments:

  1. Anna, I've been thinking about and praying for you lately. I have been reading a book called The Fertility Awareness method. Have you heard of that book? If not, I would highly recommend reading it! :)


    Thanks for this post! I needed to hear it today.

    ReplyDelete