Saturday, January 23, 2010

Haiti

For some reason, up until last night I hadn’t thought too much about Haiti, I guess perhaps because it’s so far away from the US and wasn’t at the forefront of my mind. But last night as my husband and I were watching the live telathon dedicated to raising money and support for Haiti, things changed.

We had only been watching it a few minutes, when a special report started on the medical need in Haiti – and a doctor showed a tiny precious baby whom he had cared for, probably only a few weeks old, that’s when my heart felt like ripping from my chest. This morning as I type this, my heart is aching yet again.

Then there were more children in the special report, and more babies, oh I can’t tell you how fast the tears started flowing. So many children and babies are going to be orphans after this major tragedy, and I feel such a burden to help, even in some small way, and I don’t know if we’ll be able to do anything, but I found myself thinking, what if our baby is over there? What if we were meant to rescue one little life and change it forever?

I researched Haiti adoptions online last night, and found that all Haiti adoptions are being put on a standstill, because of the tragedy – and it makes total sense, what if a child got adopted, and then someday the parents of that child were found alive and looking for them, oh that would be awful!

But I definitely want to stay updated, because I know after a few months or longer, when all of the parents have been found and yet there are still so many orphans, I don’t know if the Lord will want us to look into adoption, but my heart is open and so ready, I want to be prepared always.

Will you join me in praying for the country of Haiti? And ask yourself, what can you do to help this tragic stricken people?

No comments:

Post a Comment