Saturday, January 9, 2010

Our Baby Journey


My name is Anna Sullivan, I have been happily married for 3 years to my wonderful husband Jesse and we live in Minnesota. We have been trying to get pregnant now since May of 2008 and it is proving to be a LOT harder than we originally thought it would be.

I thought it would be a neat idea to start blogging about this difficult journey so someday we can look back and see how the Lord completely worked through every aspect and detail of the entire journey. And hopefully I can help encourage others who are going through similar situations.

So where are we right now in this journey? I got off of birth control in May of 2008, and since then my body has not gotten back to normal, and who knows when it will. We haven’t done really any testing because of busy schedules and/or finances, but my husband is actually going to get tested this next week and I believe it takes a couple of weeks for those results to come in. That was the first step we wanted to take, so after that, we’ll probably look into some more testing options for myself in the spring since in May, we will have been trying for 2 years.

I would love to look into adoption and have considered it and thought about it quite a lot, in fact I would love to adopt even if we are able to have our own children someday. We probably won’t look further into adoption until I have had more extensive tests done, so we’ll see what happens with those and go from there.

The Lord has been teaching me a lot during these past 19 months, some I’m still learning and will probably never full learn or understand, and it’s hard to not get down and depressed about the whole thing from time to time. Especially when I see so many people who have gotten pregnant right off of birth control and have no issues whatsoever. I find myself asking “why me?” all the time, because when we first started trying we truly believed that the Lord was wanting us to get pregnant and have a baby. So why has it taken this long if it was His will and He’d given us peace? I don’t know.

So many questions, so few answers, but I do have a huge God that knows what He’s doing, He just hasn’t shared it with me yet, so hopefully He will soon. :) And if now, I have to just keep trying to patiently wait and trust on Him.

I hope you are encouraged by my blog, and please feel free to comment on anything that I write, I’d love to hear from you.

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment