Monday, January 11, 2010

Live.....because Life is Everything!


I found a wonderful and beautiful poem online today, and I wanted to share it. The author is unknown.

“Smile – It makes a world of difference.
Dance – Who knows when you won’t be able to.
Cry – Holding those emotions in is bad for you.
Hug – Helps you and helps another.
Laugh – What’s the point in hiding happiness?
Live – because life is everything.”

How many times do I want to curl up and cry, or be depressed that I’m not a mother? Well definitely many more times than I can count. But reading this poem, I am again reminded that I must live in the moment and enjoy life right now while I’m waiting for the Lord to grant my wish. I can’t miss big and even small opportunities, right here and right now just because I’m so wrapped up in the sadness of my trials.

And I wish this were a lesson that I only had to preach to myself once and be done with it, but alas I will have to preach it to myself many more times. And I will have to be constantly reminded of it, whether that’s what I want or not.

I must ponder this poem and try to take it to heart….it will make my life so much fuller.

No comments:

Post a Comment