Monday, May 24, 2010

OB/GYN Update

So Jesse and I went to an OB/GYN appt. today for an infertility consult and to discuss a few things.

I absolutely LOVE the OB/GYN I picked to go too, she is young, my size and SO personable, love her to death! She talked to us in length about what we can do, and since I'm currently on a long cycle, she gave me meds to take for the next 10 days to induce a period, and there are several things she wants to do once I'm on my period and in a new cycle like have a bunch of blood work done that I haven't had done, and some I have had done before, then she wants me to get an HSG test where they put dye in my fallopian tubes to just check everything out. And also hopefully during that time frame she can check to see if I did ovulate.

So once we see how my blood tests are and the HSG test goes, then I'll make another appt. to talk about Clomid which helps induce ovulation and periods. We'll see what happens in the next month or two, I'll be sure to keep everyone posted. I'm so glad I liked my new doctor, that's a huge plus for me. :)

5 comments:

  1. That's wonderful! She sounds very proactive in figuring out what's going on and solving it. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT! I am so glad you talked to someone you feel comfortable with and they have some suggestions. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry...the last comment was ME (Katie) signed in as Daniel...

    ReplyDelete
  4. And now it isn't even showing up...I feel silly.

    So happy for you that you found a doctor you like and are pursuing tests/treatments :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you found a doctor that seems to be already working hard to help you!

    ReplyDelete