Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Love of Grandparents

I probably won’t always write about everything “baby journey” related here on my blog, because it is good to have distractions, and life happens, can’t stop that. :)

Jesse’s grandpa is not doing so well today, he had a heart attack and is in a fragile but stable condition at the moment. It really takes me back to the evening my grandfather passed away, the night before my wedding, it was so difficult, and I miss him so much.

Grandparents are such a part of everyone’s lives, and I’m finding these days that the older my grandparents get, the more I’m having to act more like the adult and make sure I stay in contact with them and call them, because their minds just aren’t what they used to be. And I only have one set of grandparents left, I don’t know if I’ll have any grandparents left when I have children, which is sad for me to think about.

Life is so short, and so fleeting, we have to grab a hold of each and every moment and take it by the horns and not let it pass! I know I’ve let so many moments just slip through my fingers, and I really want to promise myself to not let anymore go by.

It is so hard to think about grandparents passing away, especially since they’ve been a part of our lives for so very long, as long as I can remember. I know I’ll see them again in heaven some day, but still, it’s rough to think about.

I feel like it’s the ending of an era you know? One set of grandparents gone, the other set now getting older and not functioning as well as they used too, it’s so weird to think about. Life changes so suddenly at times, especially when you’re not expecting it. It’s during those times that you have to rely on the Lord, because guess what, He never ever changes.

So yeah…..thinking about grandparents today, they are so special. So if you have grandparents still living, make sure you give them a call, or send them a letter, or just tell them that you’re thinking of them and that you love them. Don’t let these moments slip through your fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment